AND THE LIVIN' IS EASY.......AND FREE!! Everyone is watching their pennies, but that doesn't mean you can't have an enjoyable summer. As you hear in the news, more and more people are staying close to home this summer. I've compiled a list of my favorite summertime things to do that are free or low cost and I thought I'd pass them on to you. Here's a list for the remainder of June and July. If you don't see anything that interests you in the list below, CALL ME. I'm full of suggestions!
1. Admission to the IMA is FREE. Admission to the Gardens is free.Summer Nights at the IMA (outdoor movies) is $8 and opens at 6 p.m. Check the IMA website for the list of movies.
2. Tuesdays and Saturdays. Groovin' in the Garden. Easley Winery. 205 N. College. Enjoy outdoor music and taste some wine. Tues. from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sat. from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Tuesdays. Fishers Town Hall. Free music (variety) starting at 7 p.m.
4. Wednesdays. Eagles Creek Park. Free music starting at 6:30 (bluegrass) Park Adm.
5. Wednesdays. Carmel Gazebo, City Center. Free music 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. (variety)
6. Thursdays. Holiday Park. 64th & Springmill Road. Free music held every other Thursday. Thru August 13th.
7. Fridays. Summers Nights. IMA. Outdoor movies thru July. $8
8. Saturdays. Crown Hill Cemetery. Fabulous tours covering history, architecture, myths, and even nature tours. If you haven't tried this you're missing out! Tours start at 7:30 and cost $5. Check website for specific tours.
9. Indiana Festival Guide. If you haven't signed up for this, go to VisitIndiana.com and register to be on the mailing list. This gives a comprehensive guide to festivals held thruout the year, all over Indiana.
10. Discover all the wonderful city and state parks. Most have wonderful walking, biking or hiking trails.
11. MOOCH OFF OF FRIENDS AND RELATIVES! Everyone has a friend or relative with a pool or boat. Or maybe just a great backyard! Take the time to enjoy and reconnect. Learn something new about someone you've known for years!
Share this blog with anyone you can think of. While you are here, check out my listings. You might see one that interests you or be perfect for a friend.
Also, don't forget about the stimulus plan for first time homebuyers. If you have questions, give me a call!